Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rise and Shine!! Portrait of a Rooster!

Portrait of a...rooster...


Look at all the fanciful detail in this one..
I love the way her watercolors run together...
Look at the fury!

So, I guess he is the boss?...would you argue?
Can a rooster be stylin'...this one is, l adore the black and white!

Love the color in this one..
This gentleman looks regal, almost royal, like a king..
And he has an intelligent glint in his eye..
But the one that made me laugh is this one! :)

During official Turkey Season, I hope it is not irreverent to give the common rooster a nod.  Okay, I admit it, I have no special affinity for  roosters, yet, I don't hate them either.  My father on the other hand, LOVES roosters.  My mother cannot stand them...and so a mildly, humorous war ensues.  People give my Dad roosters as gifts on special occasions and my mom does not like any of them, regardless of what pleasing aesthetic values they possess, which makes the entire scenario quite funny.  It is my father's birthday and I found myself looking at the decorative fowl, just to see what was out there.  Every bird is different and bring distinctive qualities to the table (no pun intended)!  I found myself liking all of them for  various reasons.  Ummm...I love you Mom, but this year...Dad may get a rooster!  Which one would you pick?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...