Friday, December 6, 2013

Pretty Nativity Sets

Yesterday, we opened and carefully unwrapped the
Nativity set,
gently preparing it for installation on the mantle.
It's a tradition in our family.
Many years ago my mother-in-law painted the figures that we display,
so there is also a loving memory of those diligent hands.
Every Christmas season I find myself looking at 
Nativity sets.
There are many different styles to choose from,
 but only specific ones I am drawn to.
I appreciate the work and craftsmanship of 
a hand carved or hand painted creche.
Here are just a few of the ones I like.
Hand carved in Kenya
Lladro Porcelain Family
Carved Olive Wood
Fontanini Handpainted Nativity
Vintage Fontanini Family








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comments here!

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...